Our cross-disciplinary scientific team works with you to create wide-ranging solutions for all facets of infectious diseases: virology, microbiology, diagnosis, drug and vaccine development, and prevention. Our team of 25+ scientists has hands-on experience developing products for use with bacterial, viral, fungal, parasitic or prion diseases.
We’ve collaborated with many different companies – from start-ups to enterprises – to develop a broad spectrum of infectious disease products.
Our team of scientists has experience with animal and clinical samples (saliva, blood, nasal swab, urine) and we can work with hospitals to handle samples. We help our clients with handling and culturing of bacterial and viral samples from ATCC, CDC in our BSL-2 lab. Our GLP labs can do work in support of 510(K) studies.
Our cross-disciplinary team can work with both research scientists, biomedical engineers, and business leaders to move your project closer to the market.
Using our scientific team, we can help you to tackle challenges in a wide range of infectious disease areas:
- ESKAPE pathogens
- Diagnostics (bacteria and viruses)
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Optimal approach to Antimicrobial stewardship
- Development of therapeutics using biologics
- Antibody Optimization
What Our Scientists Can Do
We’ve helped develop products for diagnostics for infectious diseases as well as pathogen and biomarker detection methods. Some of the areas we’ve proven our ability to advance infectious disease products include:
- Detection: Finding the right way to label a biologic was key when we helped a client develop a sensitive clinical diagnostic for a viral pathogen. We developed a custom labeling method, as the biomolecule lost activity using the client’s normal procedure.
- Stability: AB detection reagent was aggregating and ppt on-shelf. We added PEG to stabilize the shelf life and increase the quality of the final product.
- Biomarker Analysis: Using samples from human subjects, we assisted a client in developing a vaccine product. We established sensitive methods to analyze and quantify the activation of key immune regulatory cells. These results supported the advancement of the technology through clinical trials.
- Clinical trial support: Success in assisting our clients through the clinical trial phases is our top priority. In addition to GLP compliance, we provide a deep scientific understanding that can help you develop a companion diagnostic for your trial and support your application to the FDA.
A Diagnostic Device for Pathogen Detection
We have helped a client to develop a diagnostic device for the detection of bacteria and viruses by working with them from inception and currently heading to commercialization. Our scientific work has helped them to raise hundreds of millions of dollars for commercialization of their diagnostic product. In this project, we provided the following support.
Early-stage services included:
- Design and engineering of immune cell-based biosensors
- Antibody development and testing
- Antigen selection and processing
- Assay design and development
- Determination of the limit of detection
Late-stage services included:
- Pre-clinical testing
- Writing of bench reports
- Participation in the FDA 510(k) pre-submission meetings
- QC testing of the GMP manufactured biosensor cells
Using this diagnostic device, we have successfully detected different viruses, Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria with very high sensitivity and specificity.
InfinixBio works with Entrepreneurs, Biotechnology Companies, Biotech Incubators, and Investors to advance technology from concept to reality, making your product work better, or adapting your product to meet unmet or even unarticulated market needs. As a collaborative partner, our goal is making your product prosper.
In an ever-challenging marketplace, different situations call for flexible solutions and InfinixBio can provide the personnel and tools you need to succeed!
The InfinixBio team of experienced scientists provides deep domain expertise in genes, proteins, and cells that delivers creative solutions to a variety of difficult problems in Biotechnology product development. We have locations in Columbus and Athens Ohio with over 25 scientists (27% PhDs) operating in our labs.